Saturday 13 February 2010

I just love you, that is all, so I hope you come to my funeral.

I have downloaded two gorgeous but horrifyingly addictive things: Kayla Oberlin's EP and Zoe Boekbinder's album 'Artichoke Perfume'. I've been listening to the latter since I got home.

Today I went into town with plans to get a new pair of pyjamas and some ingredients for cookies. Instead, I came home with three new books ('The Fellowship of the Ring' -JRR Tolkien, obviously, and 'The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul' by Douglas Adams. And I felt like such a geek, carrying those two books to the checkout. And not even a good geek. A terrible geek...and I also got a copy of Fantastic Mr. Fox for about 79p), a copy of the newer Mighty Boosh live DVD (which is good but I don't think you should watch it in one go as it gets boring.)...we wandered around a bit and had some coffee and I had some of the surprisingly good bruschetta they sell at Costa (it's almost a guilty pleasure...but not really.) and got a roll of film developed (some really great pictures. And some blurry and discoloured ones, which I love equally. And for some reason, one day I thought a fruity drink was important enough to document...some of the pictures are random.)...and we got the most ridiculous photobooth picture taken to add to what is slowly becoming a collection that I keep in my wallet with my fancy pass that I got from helping at an Amanda Palmer concert last year, a tiny little picture of me that Johnny did on a little piece of cardboard the first time I came up here and...Hannah Montana stickers. Indeedy.

I've been reading break up blogs. Partly to counteract the sappiness I've been seeing as a side effect of people celebrating Valentines Day (lots of them claiming to hate it but clearly secretly loving the shit out of it...As long as they're with someone and get something). Most of them are by guys. Which is simultaneously surprising and completely and utterly unsurprising.
Always hearing about how guys 'don't care' but at the same time, I've watched more guy friends fall apart over their break ups than female friends. And I don't have that many guy friends.

Not much else to type.
Haven't been doing a lot. Was trying to put together something on the list of things I should do above my desk but haven't had much luck.
#4 on my list is 'Illustrate a song.', so I wrote out a plan of what I could do for 'Centre of the World' by Bright Eyes and stuck out a copy of the lyrics behind my desk...but I'm having no luck at all.

Laaaaame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

'Audrey was born as a muffin in the early 20's. After nearly eight decades of staying the same age, she moved to London and was declared a fully grown human. She is an artist and also chocolate flavoured.' -Bekki Lisciandro • 'Like a lizard on prozac' -Sophia Moss • '[www.31paintingsinmarch.tk]..is a brilliant exploration of themes that reveals an intelligent stream of consciousness through a varied and engaging gallery of work. I was captivated, amused and driven to want to return to this site.'

Followers