Tuesday 27 July 2010

And Gone.

Listening to Amanda Palmer's ukulele Radiohead covers EP.
Working on the 200 portraits project.
There's a competition at the moment. If you retweet about http://200portraits.info or post about it somewhere and link me to it or make sure I see it, you go in the running to win a print of an older picture (not old old. I did it in the past year. But it's not new). So far, response is good. Might keep it going until I go home.
I had tacos in the backyard with my brothers today. I wore pajamas all day. I downloaded 'Everybody's Gotta Live' by Love and remembered making plans with Rachael based around going to South Bank and singing that particular song loudly. Then I remembered her buying a poem for £1 from a guy there and local authorities shuffling him along.

I also remembered this girl, Emily, who I used to kind of know who was one of the most interesting people I've ever met and also one of the most approachable. I was kind of fixated on her for a while. I was interested in hearing about her life (not to a stalker degree. Just in a way where we were friends on MySpace and I actually bothered to check what she was up to now and then). She was very sick, though. On and off. Like everyone who was in my life around 4 years ago, she disappeared into the void. I genuinely thought she had died because she was so sick and disappeared so abruptly and took all her friends with her. I never heard anything about her again and was too scared to ask. A while ago...Probably a couple of years ago at this stage, come to think about it...There was this thing in Covent Garden. It was like a funny shaped room. Inside there were coloured squares and you texted your wishes to a number and they appeared on the coloured squares inside. (I actually found what it is. Click here for a little explanation.) Anyway, me and my friend Sophia walked in and stood staring at the things that appeared on the walls for a few minutes. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw dark red hair and I spun around quickly to see Emily standing there, staring at the walls with the rest of us. I must have been gawking because she shot me a quick worried glance, laughed, grabbed her friend by the arm and ran off. I stepped out of the 'wishing well' and looked around for her, but she was no where in sight. But she wasn't dead, so that's nice.

Anyway. Today I've been wearing pajamas, drawing and remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

'Audrey was born as a muffin in the early 20's. After nearly eight decades of staying the same age, she moved to London and was declared a fully grown human. She is an artist and also chocolate flavoured.' -Bekki Lisciandro • 'Like a lizard on prozac' -Sophia Moss • '[www.31paintingsinmarch.tk]..is a brilliant exploration of themes that reveals an intelligent stream of consciousness through a varied and engaging gallery of work. I was captivated, amused and driven to want to return to this site.'

Followers