Friday 5 March 2010

DNA, baby, that spells DNA.

My best friend Bekki and I sometimes make each other folders of funny/pretty pictures to send to each other and sometimes we make folders of our favourite songs and swap them. Bekki has really wonderful taste in music. I'm not going to bother listing everything she sent me, but here are my 3 favourites:

That Spells DNA- Jonathan Coulton
I only know who Jonathan Coulton is because of the song 'Still Alive' at the end of the game 'Portal' (first video game I ever completed fully. Because it fucking rocks). This song is great. 'DNA, baby, that spells DNA'....I think that line just makes it awesome alone.

Rabbit Fur Coat- Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
This is the prettiest damn song I have heard in the longest time. It's beautiful.

Chick Habit- April March
I already knew this song (who doesn't know this song? Seriously?) but I didn't have it and now I'm glad I do.

As I said, I also sent her a few songs. I sent her 12 of my favourite songs. Here are my 3 favourite songs. Because...why not?

Elephant Gun- Beirut
This is one of those things where I forget I had a song and then someone mentioned it to me the other day and I've barely been able to stop listening to it since. It's a beautiful song and I love the video so much.

Through The Roof 'n' Underground- Gogol Bordello
This song is BRILLIANT. I first heard it watching 'Wristcutters: A Love Story'. It's only played like...a billion fucking times over the course of the film.
(also 'Wristcutters' is a beautiful film. Please see it. At least look up the trailer.)

I also uploaded a bunch of pictures I've done recently earlier. So I'll probably post them tomorrow. One of them is my header at the moment though, so there you go.
Also if we're friends on Facebook, you can go see them now anyway.
And if we're not friends on facebook...Why not? My feelings are so hurt.

x

1 comment:

About Me

'Audrey was born as a muffin in the early 20's. After nearly eight decades of staying the same age, she moved to London and was declared a fully grown human. She is an artist and also chocolate flavoured.' -Bekki Lisciandro • 'Like a lizard on prozac' -Sophia Moss • '[www.31paintingsinmarch.tk]..is a brilliant exploration of themes that reveals an intelligent stream of consciousness through a varied and engaging gallery of work. I was captivated, amused and driven to want to return to this site.'

Followers