Monday 23 November 2009

Let them say what they will, 'cause they will anyhow.

Today has been terribly cold indeed.
Earlier I watched 'Pieces of April' (that picture is of Katie Holmes as the main character, April) which was a really good film about a girl whose family seem to consider her a bit of a delinquent who decides to make Thanksgiving dinner for her family. It shows her family driving to where she lives with her boyfriend Bobby and mostly talking about what a horrible girl she is and all the bad stuff she did as a kid. Her mother is dying of breast cancer, her little brother is documenting their trip with his camera, her grandmother doesn't know who anyone (including her own daughter and grandchildren) is, her sister is treated as this perfect daughter who never does any wrong and her father seems to be the only person with any faith in her ability to give them a decent Thanksgiving.
Clearly I suck at writing about movies and stuff, but it was really good. It came out in 2003 and I can remember being interested in seeing it but I think a lot of things would have gone over my head and I'm glad to have seen it now.

Last night I watched 'Music and Lyrics' with my mum and my little brother Riley. I love that movie. I even love the cheesy 'Pop Goes My Heart' song, which is performed by 'Pop', the 80's band that Hugh Grant's washed up 80's has-been character Alex Fletcher was in. I only really love it because it's hilarious, not because it's super deep and speaks to me, but it cracks me up. Especially the music video for it. It is genius.

At the moment, I'm in London visiting my family. I came down for my birthday, which was on the 15th of November. I came down on Friday the 13th, however, to see Tegan and Sara in Shepherds Bush. They were amazing. And I got a shirt! Mmmmmhmm.
They're wonderful live and very funny between songs.
And very tiny.
Much fun was had.
Anyhow, I am going to help make dinner.

Audrey.

1 comment:

  1. Argh, I want to see Tegan and Sara again! *jealous* and now you've made me want to see Pieces of April. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

'Audrey was born as a muffin in the early 20's. After nearly eight decades of staying the same age, she moved to London and was declared a fully grown human. She is an artist and also chocolate flavoured.' -Bekki Lisciandro • 'Like a lizard on prozac' -Sophia Moss • '[www.31paintingsinmarch.tk]..is a brilliant exploration of themes that reveals an intelligent stream of consciousness through a varied and engaging gallery of work. I was captivated, amused and driven to want to return to this site.'

Followers